I have lived in Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu for five years and there are only a few occasions which I get the chance to stay at one of the island’s Resort Hotels. Luckily for me, my department won first place in our company’s improvement program and we decided to spend it on something luxurious.
JPark Island is not only a 5-Star accommodation by the beach but also has an amazing water complex (slides, a kid-friendly lazy river pool, and another pool), an array of restaurants, a casino and a lot more. Spending a day here or staying here is totally a worth-it experience.
How to get there
From Mactan International Airport; you could ride a taxi or schedule their shuttle service. Normal time is about 30 minutes; but if there’s traffic, it could take much longer.
From the city, they also offer shuttle services to and from SM City Cebu, Ayala Center Cebu, and JCentre Mall at specified times. But taxi services would cost more than Php 200.00.
We booked an Ocean Suite – good for 4 adults and 2 Kids. One room had a King bed, the other twin beds, and two bathrooms. All with LED-HD TVs, a spacey living area, mini-pantry, and an amazing view.
The room is very gorgeous, perhaps, my favorite in all of Cebu. I have been to a lot of hotels and this was so spacey that we invited friends over for a mini-party. The beds were also comfortable and the pillows divine! It is really very expensive but the room is totally worth it!
PRO: There are a lot of things to do and pools to choose from. It’s currently the biggest one in Cebu.
The slides were fun. If it’s your first time, might as well try white one first (the open slide). The green one is the closed one (so if you’re afraid of dark and tight places, might as well skip this one) and the red one has a funnel at the end (if you don’t know how to swim, don’t worry an employee is there to catch you and give you floaters). One thing I didn’t like about this one is how you slide; you put your arms under your head and this resulted to my elbows getting bruised. I wasn’t the only one who sported an injury because of that most of us did. So it’s probably okay if you put your cross your hands over your chest than under your head.
The lazy river was also enjoyable except the fact that the water was almost always sprinkling on my face which made me a bit annoyed. But it was totally fun too especially with friends.
The bigger pool was relaxing and also the kiddie pool was enjoyable for the kids. Though adults can’t use their slide (I got reprimanded >.<). The sea wasn’t really that inviting, but for those who want to try swimming there it’s okay and safe.
A PRO: There were also a lot of activities within the area; I witnessed a Zumba activity beside the big pool and a game besides the lazy river pool on the next day. So it’s very engaging, especially for the tourists.
A CON: A lot of people. Even if it’s quite expensive for our taste, but it is perhaps affordable to tourists, there’s a big crowd. So if you are not into crowds, I suggest finding a much peaceful resort hotel.
The overnight stay rates are usually priced from Php 14,000 – 25,000 (USD 280 – 500) (Please click picture beside to check the current prices.)
For the WATERPARK PACKAGE:
Php 4,000.00 per person Regular Adult – (Daily)
Php 2,000.00 per person Regular Child (5-12 yrs old) – (Daily)
DISCOUNTED RATES! (For local residents only)
Php 3,000.00 per person Local Adult – (Daily)
Php 1,500.00 per Local Child (5-12 yrs old) – (Daily)
* Foreigners living in the country need to present proof of residency to avail of the Local Discounted Rate
* Free use of towel, lockers, changing and shower room.
* Must deposit Valid ID or P500 for each person and it will be returned after using the towel.
* With lunch buffet at The Abalone Buffet Restaurant OR Dine around with Dinner Set Menu in any of the following restaurant: Ching Hai, Maru, Aqus Bar, Olive or Coral Seaside valid with in the day of purchase. (Lunch starts – 12:00 to 2:30 pm / Dinner starts- 6:00 to 9:00 pm).
* Free use of Waterpark Facilities (Beach, Waterpark & Swimming Pool) and Amenities.
* Free use of go-kart (15mins), mini golf (3 rounds), giant chess (15mins.) & any game of J Activity Zone [Billiard, Dart, Table Tennis, & Foosball] (30mins)
* 20% discount for any Food and Beverage extra orders
* A maximum of two (2) children, 4 years old and below are free of charge as provided that they are accompanied by at least one paying adult.
* Food and beverage items from outside sources MAY NOT be brought and consumed in the Hotel.
Note: Prices change without prior notice.
* Waterpark Adventure packages are available from 9AM to 5PM only.
There are about 11 Restaurants you can choose from inside the Area, so there’s no reason to get out (unless you want cheaper food).
Breakfast Buffet is included in our booking and we did it in the Abalone. Breakfast was DIVINE! Absolutely a lot of food choices; American, Filipino, Chinese, Japanese and Korean Cuisine. And there’s BACON (my favorite), though it’s a bit oily when I came back for seconds. There were also tropical fruits and various drinks (coffee, juice, milk). It was perfect and our stomachs were so happy J but it became a problem when we wore our swimsuits. haha.
One thing I’m wary about resorts was that they tend to discriminate locals but JPark is an exception. They were courteous and friendly. They greet us when we pass by and when asked to take our picture; don’t say no. Check-in and out was also very easy.
Overall: Highly Recommended
JPark is currently holding the top spot in my favorite hotel experience. Though there are a lot of people, the grounds are so big that somehow it doesn’t feel that suffocating. The amenities were awesome and I got to have my first sunrise shoot. I love our room; it was spacious and very comfortable. Breakfast is two-thumbs-up and the staffs were amazing. If you have funds, I highly recommend you to spend a night or a whole day here. It is so totally WORTH IT!
* This post is not sponsored by Jpark Island: Resort & Waterpark. I also received no financial compensation in making this post.
* This post contains affiliate links, meaning, I recommend products and services I’ve used or known well and may receive a commission if you purchase them through my website (at no additional cost to you :)). Have a great day!