After more than a month of blogging, I am flattered to get this award >.<
But wait, What is Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given by bloggers to fellow bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community.
I am grateful of Morgan and Prachi of https://alieneating.com for nominating me <3
What are the rules?
1. Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
I would like to thank the Academy >.< I mean, I would like to thank Morgan Gibbs and Prachi Mohile of https://alieneating.com for this award. I don’t know what you ate to make you give this to me, but I am very happy that you saw my blog as a bringer of positivity and creativity. Hope to read more of your crazy adventures together and the alien eating xo!
1. What’s the inspiration behind your blog and why does it make you happy?
The line from a song Beauty and the Beast always struck me – “I want adventure in a great wide somewhere, I want it more than I can tell“; I always had the dream to travel and see the world and I’ve seen a lot of people doing it. This blog is not only for myself to document everything, but also sharing to others on how to enjoy traveling especially with a balance of budget, comfort, dining and experience.
Knowing I could inspire and help people makes me feel fulfilled. A dream come true is a blessing that will always make me happy.
2. What’s the one thing you hate about blogging? a plug-in self promotion? carpal tunnel?
Being too attached to my phone. I hate waking up and looking for my phone first to check latest updates, join threads and pin stuffs. Some days my hands get too stressed I avoid washing it or I use gloves T_T. My eyes also gets too tired from looking at the screen; I work in front of the computer from 8-5 and be at the front of my phone screen early morning, and evenings to check on my blog and promote it. It’s tiring :'(
3. You can invent a country, what’s it called and what’s the national dish?
Great Wide Somewhere (because then if people sing the reprise from Belle – they would think of my country … haha)
The national dish would be called “It’s Up To You” – a combination of grilled pork, fried chicken, filled fish, lasagna, kimchi and a cake on top of rice inside a bowl. The name is called “It’s Up To You” because when my friends and I eat sometimes we get confused or shy so we tell “It’s Up To You” >.< clever, right?
4. What’s the most insane thing you’ve done for blog content? or if you had unlimited funds, what’s the first thing you’re doing for content?
I’m going to buy a plane ticket and travel the whole world for a year and limit myself a budget. I will make a post on How To Travel the World with only $xxxx for a year!
5. What’s your favorite Gordon Ramsay quote?
John Legend: why did the chicken cross the road?
Gordon: Because you didn’t f***ing cook it
6. When going on a trip, what’s the one thing that will cause you inner turmoil if you leave it behind?
Money and my phone. One time my trip to Japan, I thought I placed my wallet on my bag but then found out when I arrived at Tokyo Disney Sea, I forgot it T_T. So I went home and thought my card still has JPY 260 but when I tapped on the bus I only had JPY 21 left and I only found JPY 1 in my bag. It was a long walk home and I need food too so I explained to the bus driver I left my wallet and they made me ride for free , I was so stressed out that I forgot to press stop for my bus stop and left my things at the bus >.< (thank goodness for good hearts that they stopped and gave it back to me).
I love taking pictures so my Phone is important to get memories and know what to do when I’m lost.
7. What song would you pool out of existence if you could?
My Way – because a lot of people died because of it. Story behind that? Philippines is known for the love of karaoke and it is rumored that a lot of people who sung this died >.<
8. What’s the biggest hurdle you’ve had to overcome since starting your blog?
Setting Up – I logged into an internet cafe for days just to set things up – connecting the domain + hosting, the SSL certificate, working out on the theme and understanding the plug-ins. It was all so new to me so I was lost at first but now I’m getting the hang of it.
9. I have a lot of nightmares. describe the worst nightmare you’ve ever had. Dissect it.
The nightmares I have recently are the ones about me getting late at work (I know it’s actually not the worst, but I hate being late and oversleeping >.<)
I remember only bits of my creepiest nightmare ; I was being chased by monsters, and I thought I woke up but then it was another dream and I somehow pushed myself to waking up for real and ended up opening my eyes at 3 in the morning with big breaths, I don’t want to think about it! T_T
10. You’ve recently come into a lot of money and bought an airline. What do you name it?
La Paloma (my last name), it means The Dove in English. La Paloma Airlines; fly peacefully.
11 How has blogging changed your life?
It pushed me to become a better version of myself. Without blogging, I would have been lazing up all evening thinking of adventures; procrastinating. With blogging; I find a purpose for my evenings. I have a novena of God’s love for my seven big dreams and it always says that every day make one step (no matter how small or big) to make your dreams come true. So everyday, I work hard on my blog; I write, I edit pictures, I promote and I think of ways for improvement from a procrastinator I become a doer.
Blogging also has made me make me learn about stuff I didn’t know about. And my favorite part is also making friends from all over the world, hopefully I’ll get the chance to meet everyone in person and that excites me!
And I nominate:
1) Why are you blogging and what’s the story behind your domain name?
2) If you were to write about only one country? What country would it be and Why?
3) Among all Disney Characters, who do you most relate too?
4) If you were to sing a song in public, what would it be and which singer would you want to help you sing it?
5) You could only bring one gadget on a trip around the world (it’s going to be fully charged, of course), what would it be and why?
6) Do you like Game of Thrones? Who do you think will end up on the Throne?
7) If you get something unlimited, what would it be and why?
8) What’s the funniest or most awkward experience you had while traveling?
9) The worst food I ate was ____ from ____ because ____. (Fill in the blanks)
10) If you were to post about your favorite person, who would it be and what would be your favorte line about them.
11) What’s the best feeling you get from blogging?